61 29TH ANNUAL CRIME PREVENTION GUIDE Where Can I Get Help? Where can I call to get help? Call the Island Helpline at 1-800-218-2885if you need emotional support, crisis intervention, or help with problem solving. Trained and caring staff are available to answer your call anytime of the day or night, seven days a week, 365 days a year. The Island Helpline is a free, 24hour, bilingual, confidential, non-judgmental, and supportive telephone service. Mental Health Walk-in Clinics are also offered in Kings, Queens and Prince Counties to offer immediate support to help with anxiety, depression and other complex and high risk issues. (For more information see page 64) What if I need help with an addiction? Health professionals from Mental Health Services and Addiction Services work closely together so that you will receive the most appropriate care for your needs. What is available for me at Community Mental Health Services? The first step in service is screening. When you talk with an intake worker you will determine which programs and services are best suited to your treatment needs. Once your needs are screened, you may be linked to one of the following mental health services: • A group treatment education program for some mental health conditions, such as severe stress, anxiety, or depression. • A community mental health specialist (nurse, social worker, occupational therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist) who can work with you to assess your condition. Together you will identify the treatment plan, program, and services that will work best for you to meet your needs and reach your goal. • Services outside of Community Mental Health that would better meet your needs. Some Community Mental Health Services are more specialized and have criteria in order to access these services. These include our Seniors Mental Health Resource Team (Queens and Prince Counties), our Outreach Teams in each county, and several of our group treatment programs. What if I need to go to hospital? • Experienced crisis intervention professionals respond promptly to mental health (psychiatric) emergencies at both the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) and Prince County Hospital (PCH) emergency departments. • If you need to be hospitalized there are inpatient mental health units at both the QEH and PCH. • Specialized acute, longer-term treatment and rehabilitation are offered at Hillsborough Hospital. How do I contact Community Mental Health? SOURIS Souris Hospital 17 Knights Avenue Souris, PE C0A 2B0 Telephone: (902) 687-7110 MONTAGUE 126 Douses Rd., PO Box 3000 Montague, PE C0A 1R0 (902) 838-0960 CHARLOTTETOWN McGill Community Mental Health 55 McGill Avenue Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8 (902) 368-4911 Richmond Centre 1 Rochford Street Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8 (902) 368-4430 SUMMERSIDE Prince County Hospital 65 Roy Boates Avenue Summerside, PE C1N 2A9 (902) 888-8180 ALBERTON 347 Church Street Allan Shaw Building Alberton, PE C0B 1B0 (902) 853-8670 O’LEARY O'Leary Health Centre14 MacKinnon Drive O'Leary, PE C0B 1V0 (902) 853-8670 Prince Edward Island Mental Health Services Mental health care is offered in hospitals and in community health facilities across the province. Bilingual services are available in some locations. Need Help Now? The Island Helpline 1-800-218-2885(toll-free) Available 24-hours, seven days a week Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868(toll-free) Available 24 hours, seven days a week Or call 9-1-1or go to your closest emergency department.